Monday 19 December 2016

Nobody forced me to concede defeat in 2015 presidential election – Goodluck Jonathan

ads
Former President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday disclosed that he was neither persuaded nor forced to concede defeat to President Buhari after the 2015 presidential election. Jonathan said this when he spoke at the convocation ceremony of Bingham University, Nassarawa state where he was awarded a honorary doctorate degree.‘It is my belief that no one’s political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. And I am fulfilled knowing that my conceding while the votes were still being compiled, which was born out of my personal principles and convictions, is generating positive impact in other nations. Let me make it clear, that I was not persuaded to do so by anyone within or outside the country. I know it was the right thing to do.
 ‘’My mantra “my ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian” is my vow. It was not just a political slogan. One of the reason I convened the 2014 National Conference was to come up with a polity devoid of tension and crisis. A polity that will bring unity to this country. A polity that will not divide us along tribal, ethnic or religious lines’’ he said
ads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...