Wednesday 28 September 2016

Man arrested with cocaine stuffed in his jacket at Lagos airport

ads
31 year old Agwu Samuel pictured above, has been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) after 10 wraps of cocaine weighing 110 grammes was discovered in his collar jacket at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos. According to the Nation, he was arrested shortly after he disembarked from the aircraft on his way from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The suspect confidently wore the jacket containing the drugs but through experience and insight, the drugs were discovered by the anti-drug officers. This is the first discovery of cocaine inside the collar of a jacket by the NDLEA.

Speaking on his arrest, ‎the NDLEA commander at the Lagos airport, Ahmadu Garba, said Agwu was arrested during routine check on passengers.
“Ten wraps of cocaine weighing 110 grammes were found inside the collar of his jacket during screening of passengers on a South Africa Airline flight from Brazil through Johannesburg. The drug which was carefully hidden inside his jacket tested positive for cocaine and investigation is ongoing.”
When interrogated, the suspect who claims to be a shoe seller in Togo, said in his statement that he went to Brazil in search of greener pastures but resorted to drug trafficking due to frustration. He attended Technical Secondary School in Ohafia, Abia State. 
“I use to sell shoes in Togo until I lost goods worth N3 million. This negatively affected my business and made me to travel to Brazil in a desperate search for greener pastures. After a fruitless search for job in Brazil for four months, I decided to smuggle drugs to get some money to start my shoe business. I thought the drugs will not be detected inside my jacket but I was caught and I am very sad”.
He will soon be charged to court ads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...