Tuesday 19 July 2016

'I prayed, cried & begged God to let this girl live' Uchenna Ezenna's emotional post as daughter clocks one year

ads
The first daughter of Orange Drugs boss, Uchenna Ezenna-Gboneme's daughter Olanna turned one year on Sunday, July 17. Few days before the birthday, Uchenna shared a revealing post on Instagram about the battle to save her daughter's life shortly after delivery. What she wrote after the cut...

"WARNING : This is LONG!) I've been soo deliriously happy these past couple of days in anticipation of Ola's Birthday.
I keep looking back at this time last year and remembering how broken I was, I had just given birth and everything that could go wrong did.
For a pregnancy that was somewhat normal, everything went south the last couple of weeks. Long story short her first month we spent a great deal of time at different hospitals hoping and praying she would pull through. 
I prayed like I've never prayed in my life, crying, pleading and begging God to let this girl live. I even remembered when I bargained with him to let her make it to 1 month. 
And here we are 12 months later, healthy, happy and strong. Overcoming EVERY single obstacle the doctors said she would face. I've cried at every single milestone, just in awe of God's grace.
God I am so grateful. My heart is just full. You showed up and showed out at the very LAST minute. You reminded me that you are and will forever be bigger than my problems. 
I learnt that sometimes God will let the Devil try it just to remind us that he's still with us. We still don't know how or what caused Ola's complications, but what we know is that there is a God, and he is ALWAYS with us. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."(Deutronomy 31:6) #HappyBirthdayOla" ads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...