Saturday 9 July 2016

$15billion arms deal: I complied with the directive of ex-president Jonathan- Sambo Dasuki says

ads
Ebattled former National Security Adviser (NSA) Col. Sambo Dasuki has said he was only obeying the directive of former President Goodluck Jonathan in the disbursement of funds from his office.
According to The Nation, Dasuki, who is standing trial for the alleged misappropriation of $15bn arms procurement fund, said this to some of his associates who recently visited him in detention.
"Based on the service rules in the security circle, I owe it a duty to obey the President and Commander-In-Chief. Ex-President Jonathan approved all the expenses incurred by Office of the National Security Adviser ONSA. I am ready to prove in court how we complied with the directive of the ex-President.”
Dasuki according to his associates is protesting the continued detention and says he is ready to go on trial. ‎
“I am ready for trial because they have destroyed my family’s name and my professional integrity, especially how we successfully fought Boko Haram and recovered major towns and cities, not villages. They should let my trial start in earnest to enable Nigerians know the truth from falsehood. I don’t believe in secret trial and there is no basis for it because the government has filed all necessary papers in court and attached the list of witnesses. Since the witnesses have become public knowledge, there is no basis for secret trial. Since I was detained in the custody of the Department of State Service (DSS), I have not been shown any warrant to this effect or court order. I deserve to be shown the warrant of detention by DSS and the purpose for restricting me to house arrest. My detention is unlawful. All those who collected funds from ONSA have been granted bail but I am still in custody. I have been granted bail on all the cases filed against me by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and even DSS, but I have not been released. If all the beneficiaries of the so-called funds are on bail, what have I done wrong? Nigerians should help prevail on the government to grant me bail. I cannot rock the boat. I am prepared for trial. We did everything with national and security interest.”‎
The EFCC had arraigned Dasuki, and two others on 19-count charge of misappropriation of funds meant for purchase of arms before a Federal Capital Territory High Court in Maitama, Abuja. ads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...