Saturday 8 October 2016

Bisi Alimi reminisce on the day he came out as gay on National TV

ads
Bisi made his debut as an openly gay rights activist when he came out on New Dawn with Funmi Iyanda on October 3rd 2004. As he prepares to exchange vows with his partner next month, Bisi took to his IG page this morning to reminisce on how his life changed when he came out. He wrote;
"Day 2 of 30 days to my wedding of 30 things to be grateful of. On the 6th October 2004, I sat on that sofa with Funmi Iyanda and I came out. She gave me the opportunity in no patronising nor condensing way to tell my story. On that day I learnt the power of truth and authenticity. I learnt that life is what you make of it. I was a 29years old boy, just graduating from university with a prominent role in 'Roses and Thorns' a soap series on Galaxy Television. I lost everything after coming out but I gained today. Life was preparing me for a journey beyond my expectations. In 29 days, I will say I do to a man I have come to find solace in his arms. #gaymarriage #30daysofthankfulness #newdawnwithfunmiiyanda#comingout #lgbtcomingout#authenticity #ido
ads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...