Thursday 7 July 2016

Photos: Man shares his encounter with an old homeless woman in Abuja

ads
A young man, Ichie Agbalanza, in Abuja shared this heartwarming encounter he had with the elderly homeless woman pictured above whom he found begging on the streets of Abuja. Read what he wrote on his Facebook page below
"I was on my way to catch up an appointment this afternoon when I saw this homeless mother by the market roadside begging alms... I noticed how everybody ignored her pleas for alms and I hid behind a tree to record this video.


Brothers and Sisters ignored her like she's a log of wood lying beside the road, no one gave her even a smile to pacify her soul... Pain and agony was written all over her as she continued regardless.

I went down to the market and bought few stuffs and I came back to meet her... I handed the stuffs over to her and I could read the excitement and cheers in her face as she kept saying things in her language which I don't understand. She opened what I bought for her and offered me some of it to eat with her, I ate with her as we took selfies and she laughed so hatd whenever I showed her a picture of herself, I decided to sit back with her and beg for alms.

We started begging for alms together and she was all smiles... People couldn't understand what was happening as I walked towards them and ask them to drop a penny for the old lady... It was crazy, it was fun and almost everyone I walked up dropped something in her plate, I spent almost an hour with her and I missed my appointment... But the Joy I gave and the Joy I received was way more important.
I counted the money we made and it was N1,200 (One Thousand Two Hundred Naira) I handed it over to her and bade her goodbye as she was left with all smiles and thanks. It was a moment to behold...that's why am sharing this one with you.
Just a little more love can heal the world.
Moral of the story: Am I not mad?
ads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...