Monday 20 June 2016

Man slaps wife to death in Owerri(Photo)

ads
A man has been arrested after he slapped his wife to death in Owerri. Trouble began when 36 year old Anele’s wife, 32-year-old Chikodi, asked him to give her son from an earlier marriage, N100 to take to school.He told the Sunday Sun

“I got married to my late wife Chikodi Anele over four years ago. She had a son for another man before we got married. We have been living together in peace. We have two children. Our first child, a girl, is four years old while the second child is a boy, who is just one year old.”

 “On May 31, 2016, I went to my church, Jesus Disciples Fellowship, where we had a vigil. I came back around 5: 30 am and started playing Christian music. My wife came to where I was and said that I should give my stepson N100 naira to go to school. I told her that I had no money with me.
“You see, my late wife was hypertensive; she became very an­gry that I did not give my stepson N100. She started to insult me. I got angry and slapped her.
She slapped me in return. I was shocked by her effrontery and slapped her a second time. She fell down and fainted.
“I rushed her to City Hospital, Nekede. On getting there, the doc­tor checked her and confirmed that she was dead. I went to the nearby police station at Umuguma and reported the matter to the police and they arrested me,” he said.
Promptly, the case was trans­ferred from Umuguma Police Station to State Criminal Investiga­tion Department, Owerri, the Imo State capital, where he has been in detention as investigation into the matter was in progress.
The officer-in-charge of the ho­micide section of the SCID, Supol Innocent Obi, further revealed that family members of the deceased had not yet been to the police to know the state of the matter. He stated that Anele had not yet informed them.
ads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...